Kick-Off Event of the Virtual Tour of Circular Economy SMEs across Europe “Connecting the dots from Barcelona to Bottrop”
23rd April 2021, 10 – 11 am CET
The Kick-Off event of the virtual tour connects the dots between the World Circular Economy Forum+climate taking place in the Netherlands in April 2021 and the Circular Economy Hotspot in North-Rhine Westphalia (Germany) in autumn 2022. In the meantime, we will be taking you to a journey across Europe: SMEs from different countries and sectors will present how they apply circular strategies for their business advantages. – Let’s get started!
Moderation: Hanne Hagedorn, Green Economy Network North-Rhine Westphalia
- Introduction video “Connecting the dots”
- Dialogue panel on the transition to a Circular Economy
- What will the economy of the future look like and what do we need to change?
Henning Wilts, Director Circular Economy at Wuppertal Institute
- Solving three challenges in one?
Experiences from the World Circular Economy Forum+climate
Freek van Eijk, Director at Holland Circular Hotspot
Digital Circular Economy – connecting the dots
Prof. Karl Vrancken, Research Manager Sustainable Materials Management at VITO
- Differences between sectors – what kind of action is needed?
Heyd F. Más, Project Lead at, PACE (Platform for Accelerating the Circular Economy)
- How to get started and become a circular SME
Svenja Grauel, Project Lead Circular Economy at Prosperkolleg, Ruhr West University of Applied Sciences
- Inspiring company examples
- Benefits of circularity for a cradle-to-cradle certified frontrunner
Lars Baumgürtel, CEO at ZINQ GmbH & Co. KG
- Cross-sectoral cooperation to close the loop
tbd, company from Sweden / other
- More circular, more resilient?! An example of adapting to change such as the Covid 19 pandemic
Peter Mackenrodt, CEO at m+f KEG-Technik GmbH & Co. KG
- Lessons learned and next travel stops
Register here to travel with us and find partners all over Europe:
More Information on the Series of Events (german):